Venril

Clash Royale!

7 posts in this topic

Let's kick things out with Clash Royale! One of the most popular mobile games from the past few months, it's literally the only mobile game I play right now. Let me get things straight - it's the best multiplayer mobile game ever made. Yes. I said that.

[MEDIA=youtube]tmWUhk4VtQw[/MEDIA]

maxresdefault.jpg

So, the game is multiplayer only (wifi highly recommended), takes only 3 minutes per game to play (I play it while sitting on a toilet, waiting for Lego Legends queue, before sleep etc) and it's really strategic and fun. You have a castle with a king in it and two towers on two lanes, if you kill the king you win. Alternatively, if timer runs out, player who destroyed more towers win, there's possibility of draw. You have elixir, which is your currency, it generates automatically at even rate, you spawn units out of your own builded deck and try to destroy enemy towers with them. You have 8 cards in your deck and 4 of them on your hand. Different cards have different elixir costs, they go through the two lanes, fight enemy troops and you win. Or lose. Simple, fun, quick, strategic. Everything you might want from multiplayer mobile game!

Now that you know that the game is awesome, let me get to the more controversial stuff. Some people claim it's pay2win. It is and it isn't, let me explain why. The system works as follows - from the first game you have a ranking, if you climb higher, you get to better arenas, which gives more cards, more gold etc. Every time you win a game, you get a locked chest. Unlocking chests take time, you can only unlock one at the time. You have only 4 slots for chests. In chests there are cards - you either unlock new ones, or gather them to upgrade your units to higher level. You can pay money to unlock chests immediately or buy chests, that don't require waiting time. So yes, people who pay money get there units upgraded faster. But! There's really big but. By having better troops, they advance in ranking quickly and find themselves on a rating with other pay2win players. I am 100% free to play player from the start and I'm already at ranking, when I can get every possible card. I don't have any problems with players with really high leveled troops, because I don't even meet them reguarly (it happens, but rarely). And I'm quite high on the rating - if the best arena is Challenger level in League of Legends, I'm probably like near to lower diamond.

That's a lot of text! Do you play Clash Royale? If not, you should definitely check this game out. It's free, Android, iOS, Windows Phone, whatever.

Edited by

I play. Love it except I've hit a wall. :(

Can i.... Buy cards? heheh hehehheheeh

Noyce , even though i hate mobile games for many reasons :P

Can i.... Buy cards? heheh hehehheheeh

I don't get that meme :C

I'm addicted to Tap Minions, Elsword and Kingdom Hearts right now xD idk if I can do another

Edited by